Send money to anyone, anywhere using your mobile phone and SPAR. Money Transfers can also be accessed via internet banking for Standard Bank internet banking customers.
How it works
Take your ID book, a copy of your ID, your phone and the cash you want to send to your local participating SPAR, KWIKSPAR or SUPERSPAR store.
Money can be safely sent to relatives back home, children at Varsity or anyone who you'd like to send cash.
- The cashier will guide you through the quick process of sending money to any nominated recipient with a mobile phone. To view the list of stores that offer Instant Money transfers, click here
- You can send as much as R5 000 per day, up to a total of R25 000 per month.
- The recipient will receive a text message containing a voucher code.
- The sender also needs to send the recipient a PIN code of their choice, via text message or phone call.
- Armed with these two codes, the recipient can then redeem the money at any SPAR. The recipient does not need to produce their ID book or any other documentation.
- A transaction fee of R9.95 will be charged for each transaction.